Re: [CQ-Contest] MP & Heil mics

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] MP & Heil mics
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:58:30 EST
I think it's important to consider that everyone has a different voice
"fingerprint"  What works for one guy will not for another.

I think the consensus is for the mic to be around 9 and the processor to be
around 10, which is what I have.  You can literally spend days playing with the
8-9 settings.  When monitoring on the 1000, the audio sounded different if I
listened on the Nar 1 filter than on the Normal setting.  The way I set mine
up was to listen on a second radio with no antennas connected and adjusted so I
received an S-9 signal.  Like most contesters I was aiming for punch but not
a dirty signal.

My settings for rx and tx:

R-LSBCAR  -.150
T-LSBCAR  -.200
PROC-LSB  +.050
R-USBCAR -.150
T-USBCAR -.200
PROC-USB +.050

I have a somewhat bassy voice and these settings were used in SS.  I had
unsolicited good comments on the audio and only one unidentified station
complain.
 As always your mileage may vary.

Bill K4XS