Re: [CQ-Contest] Memorable SS Fun-etics

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Memorable SS Fun-etics
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:58:33 EST
My favorite from this weekend was W4 Kermit The Frog.  I wonder  if he worked
K8 Big Bird.

As for the problems if your call ended in FU, I had an experience along
those lines this year in the Pennsylvania QSO Party, when I was out mobile with

W1NN using W3USA.  In a brief appearance on 75 SSB (rather foolhardy as a
mobile, but you gotta work those in state counties some way) I was calling a
relatively loud guy on what I thought was a reasonably clear frequency.  In
frustration after about the 10th time the guy came back to say "I'm still not
getting that call, etc.",  I finally spit out   W 3 U Stupid  A****** and spun
the
dial.

73  -  Jim   K8MR