Re: [CQ-Contest] Exchanges

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Exchanges
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 07:40:00 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Robert Higgins wrote:

> VE4XT wrote
>
> A serial number is good: the idea that you can't use a serial number because
> someone could copy it the QSO before and add one for theirs isn't really
> valid.

You still have to COPY it, don't you?

I've done that many times.  In SS, if I come across a new mult and my
logger says a mult is worth 10 minutes, if it takes me 8 minutes to get
thru the pileup I've done all right. Meanwhile, I've entered all his info
and all the serial number except the last digit in anticipation.

But I copied it myself.  My computer didn't fill it in and I didn't get it
from packetcluster. Not only is this legal, I don't even see it as
unethical.

73, Zack W9SZ