Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M expansion?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M expansion?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:41:46 -0800
At 06:20 PM 11/21/2005, Mark Steven Williams wrote:

>Don't expect the SW broadcasters to QRT anytime soon. There simply
>aren't many IPODS in the jungles of Guatemala or deserts of Western Sahara.

Looking way down the road, I believe wireless will replace wire for
nearly all of the communications  we do today. A couple of
generations from now people will look back and find the notion of
using copper or fiber optics for communications to be rather quaint.
There will no doubt be some clubs organized for the purpose of
keeping communication by wire from being forgotten completely. Some
might even use Morse. :-)

73, Bill W6WRT