Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers etc

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers etc
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:01:56 EST

In a message dated 11/29/2005 3:58:57 P.M. Central Standard Time,
NN3W@prodigy.net writes:

I  understand this concern, but do we really want to
turn it into  sweepstakes?

Is this a replay of the threads that went on when WPX began 1 pt Q's??
That's all we heard, & IMHO, allowing 1pt Q's for WPX has turned that  contest
into
a great one.

Look guys, don't be stuck in the stone ages. By allowing 1pt QSO's, it will
ENCOURAGE newbie ops to make Q's. I agree with NQ4I about guys getting on &
calling him just because they think they are helping out. Heck, I know I did
the  same thing when I was ignorant about contests. I heard a loud station, I
worked  him. I really thought I was helping out. Then I learned the rules after
the bug  bit.

I do know one thing, what we need to survive is PARTICIPATION. Guys, like
me, in the black hole with small antennas would love to operate the CQWW more.
But, with the low antennas, it gets real old, real fast. (yeah, yeah, don't
lecture me on putting a tower up!) The more participation, the more QSO's. The
more QSO's, the more fun for everyone involved.

And one more thing, don't flame the guys with differing opinions on rule
changes, it shows a complete lack of class.

73-Chuck KI9A