Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers etc

To: Cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers etc
From: "Frank Hunt" <zl2br@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:18:20 +1300
Tweak the CQ WW scoring rules ?

What about a complete re-write that would level the playing field for
everyone, because it should be noted that there are some people who
do not live in either North America or Europe !

Here is one idea:
Same country - 1 pt
Different country - 2 pts
Same continent - 1 pt
Adjoining continent - 2 pts
Non-adjoining continent - 4 pts

Or what about:
Same zone - 1 pt
Adjoining zone - 2 pts
Non-adjoining zone - 4 pts
(Yes W2/W6 qso = 2 pts, and
IG8 or EA8/zone14 or 15 = 1 pt, and also
the Caribbean island beach stations to zones 4 or 5 = 1pt)

Or real simple:
Same hemisphere - 1 pt
Different hemisphere - 2 pts
(north or south of equator)

And as for multipliers, what about :
Same continent = 0
Different continent = 1
or
Same continent = 1
Different continent = x2

But wait!, there's more.....which I haven't thought of yet :-))

73, Frank ZL4BR