Re: [CQ-Contest] Another view for 1-pointers

To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another view for 1-pointers
From: <steve@stevebb.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 19:05:29 -0000
Steady on Joe, you are making me think that I am already over the hill at
44yrs.

Then again, having a look at the recent high speed cw competition held in
Zagreb earlier this year with under 16 year olds achieving speeds around
100wpm, maybe I am !! Personally, I think the future of cw is still looking
pretty bright. And lets face it, low power cw is still easier to read at the
DX end, even more so if the DX end does not speak English  ;-)

I've been lucky to be at both ends of the DX (ZC4/ZD8) where you don't need
to use a cluster but do need to manage a pileup. Now just a plain old 'G'
call, it is great to actively search for stateside stations everywhere
during the contest in favour of EU and getting a huge buzz working a good
friend west coast running QRP 5watts (K6III) during CQWW CW last weekend.
(good old grey-line !!)

It would be interesting to see what (if anything) comes out from the
committee if they are following this discussion. It may change the strategy
for some stations ? Maybe less US beams will be turned towards EU in favour
of "local" contacts on the low bands !! A rule change would certainly get
the strategists thinking  :-)

Best wishes,

Steve  G4KIV / ZC4BS  (and G6M  "low power"  last weekend)

Homepage:  http://www.stevebb.com
Photo portfolio:  http://www.usefilm.com/member/steveb
Shutterpoint:  http://STEVEBB.shutterpoint.com
Email:  steve@stevebb.com