Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes during the ARRL 160

To: KI9A@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes during the ARRL 160
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 20:11:03 -0500
On Dec 4, 2005, at 3:50 PM, KI9A@aol.com wrote:

> Was it just me, or did anyone else notice an EXTREME amount of
> dupes this
> weekend?

I only spent about 5 hours working the contest, but I called CQ a
lot. I noticed this, too. And I was signing after every QSO.

My only guess is that sometimes the timing is wrong when people tune
the bands -- they come across a station calling CQ just as they sign,
missing the call, and rather than wait patiently for them to sign
again, they go ahead and call.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901