Re: [CQ-Contest] Keyer problem

To: <trogo@cfl.rr.com>, <FOC_members@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Keyer problem
From: "Charles Wooten NF4A" <nf4a@knology.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 20:26:31 -0600
I also have one of these keyers from him...mine is a model ETM9C-X3. In the
book, it says to turn the speed control fully clockwise on power up so it
can calibrate. Send a couple of dits, then turn it fully counter-clockwise
and send a couple of dits. This is supposed to calibrate the speed range.

This is a stupid question, but I will ask it anyhow, did you change the
battery? .... I know, they last forever in that keyer.

Also, in the "inquiry" mode, (press buttons 5 and 6 simultaneously, and you
should get a "?", then send an R. That will tell you the operating speed
range the keyer is set to. 4 digits will be sent, XX then YY. XX=low speed
limit YY=high speed limit. If that is not the speed range you want, then
press buttons 1 and 2 and you will hear "F". Then send Rxxyy xx being low
end speed and yy being high end speed. Example, R1535 means speed is set to
15 wpm counter-clockwise and 35 wpm fully clockwise.

Hope this helps.

Charlie NF4A