Re: [CQ-Contest] What to expect from 10 meters???

To: "'Bill Coleman'" <aa4lr@arrl.net>,"'Jacob W Tennant'" <k8jwt@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What to expect from 10 meters???
From: "Wendell Wyly - W5FL" <wendell@wyly.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:27:51 -0600
Year before last, there was a very long and very strong opening late at
night (long after the band had closed) that allowed me to work hundreds of
stations during the 10 meter contest.  It probably will not be on packet, so
listen a lot and transmit so someone else will know the band is open!
Signals were very strong any many said that I was the only station they had
heard that night.