Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

To: Steve London <n2ic@arrl.net>,CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions
From: <ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:24:47 -0600
Hi Steve,

Quite the pickle, isn't it?

I would say the first thing is to contact XY8Z and make sure he was
actually on during that time.

If he was, then I'm not sure what you can do about the
unassisted/assisted conundrum. It is certainly possible that any or all of
the stations claiming contact with XY8Z did indeed find him, as Hans
says, like real radiomen, without assistance.

The likelihood of finding him unaided increases the longer he's on, since
more people will tune by the pileup. Indeed, there's not even a guarantee
that the first guy to nail him found him via packet.

The only thing any of this proves is that a bunch of people worked him
shortly after he was spotted. It falls far short of any burden of proof that
folk
cheated, or entered the wrong class accidentally.

I would be leery of even saying it looks suspicious, considering how adept
some guys are at S&P unassisted.

73, kelly
ve4xt