Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: What Software to use ????

To: "'Jose Valdes'" <jvaldesr@cantv.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: What Software to use ????
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:53:33 -0500
YV5LIX wrote:

> I'm particularly interesting in ... running in a P-IV computer
> with a Hyper Trading processor, MicroHAM's Micro keyer, and
> Yaesu's family of FT-1000MP radios, this combination didn't
> work well with N1MM because the link between N1MM and the microHAM
> USB Device Router was lost several times during the contest, up to
> the point on which I was forced to deactivate the CAT control on
> N1MM to prevent having to close and restart both N1MM and the
> USB device router to re-establish the link.

This problem is unique to Yaesu radios and very fast multi-processor
(dual core and hyperthreding) systems due.  N1MM released the latest
update (5.11.12) yesterday that includes a change in polling for the
Yaesu radios that has resolved the problem.

Other than one report of problems with a very fast dual core, 64-bit
AMD CPU, there are no other reported, unresolved issues with microHAM
and either N1MMlogger (5.11.12) or WriteLog (10.56D).

73,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America, LLC.
        www.microHAM-USA.com