Re: [CQ-Contest] The Chosen

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Chosen
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:16:12 -00

> Bartender, I'll have whatever he's having, but maybe not quite so strong.
:-)

> 73, Bill W6WRT

Bill,

        It becomes my painful duty to write you a letter of apology instead
of sending you the Christmas remembrance that I had intended for you.

        Knowing so well the appetites, likes and dislikes of my close
friends, I made up a list of twelve of my best friends and went down and
bought twelve quarts of eighteen-year-old Glenmorangie single malt whiskey.
Nothing but the very finest for my friends.  I took this home and put it in
my closet and intended to put it up in nice Christmas packages and send it
out to you late this week just before Christmas.

        K0CKB got to fumbling around in the closet and found the liquor and
didn't understand just what I intended to do with it.  So she came up and
told me to empty the contents of every bottle down the sink, or else. So I
proceeded with the unpleasant task.

        I withdrew the cork from the first bottle and poured the contents
down the sink, with the exception of one glass which I drank.  I extracted
the cork of the second bottle and likewise poured the contents down the
sink, with the exception of the glass which I drank.  I pulled the sink
from the next bottle from the cork of the next and drank one sink out of it
and threw the rest down the glass. I pulled the sink out of the next glass
and poured the cork from the bottle. Then I corked the sink with the glass,
bottled the drink and drank the pour.

        When I had everything emptied, I steadied the house with one hand
and counted the bottles, corks, glasses, andsinks with the other, which
were twenty-nine. And, as the houses came by, I counted them again and
finally had all the houses and bottles and corks and glasses and sinks
counted, except one house which I drank.

        So this accounts, dear friend, for your not receiving a more
stimulating Christmas present than this letter.  I sincerely hope that from
some other source you get all the joys and happiness that come from
Christmas remembrances.

        "May the Good Lord take care of you, but not too soon."

73, Hans, K0HB

--
"1943 Poster Child for The National Precocious Little Bastard Campaign"