Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It

To: 'CQ-Contest' <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 11:17:19 -0600
Worked an EU station on 30m this morning; this
station is to be congratulated for sending
correctly.  First he sent just his callsign to
make the contact, and then at the close of our
short QSO he said that he was QRP.  This is how it
should be done in my mind.

Doug/VA5DX

At 08:22 PM 1/8/2006, K0HB wrote:

>They append /QRP (weak transmitter) because they
want us to listen harder for them.

I don't mind them sending QRP, just not part of
the callsign. W6WRT QRP would be fine.

>If I send my call as "K0HB/Poor RX", will they
send louder for me?

Yes, of course. :-)

In fact try K0HB/noRX and you will hear them
direct.

Bill, W6WRT