[CQ-Contest] NAQP Lessons learned

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Lessons learned
From: Charles Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:09:02 -0500
Hi,
As someone fairly new to the list, and contesting in general - I don't
quite know if this is appropriate - but...

2006 Jan NAQP SSB lessons learned
This year was my first NAQP SSB (was not even contesting this time
last year)

Again, the lack of 80m capability hurt - a LOT.  I must figure out
some way for 80m

I MUST try to run more, and not S&P

My signal on 40m seems good into the upper midwest (MI, WI etc)

The Heil Proset Quietset (arrived Friday) really helped

Spotting (I entered multi2) was useless - not worth the shift in
class, in fact, I didn't even really use it

I must schedule my off time (the 10 out of 12) better - I took 30
minutes in the afternoon, 30 min in the early eve, and the rest at
9:15 - by the time I got back at 10:15, the bands I have (10-40m) were
dead here

Must get more sleep the night before the contest (then again , it
allowed me to get CE0Z in the log, so....)

It would be nice to get a better antenna, but that is on the list
anyway - low wires are not the way to contest

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

deserve neither liberty nor safety."