Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP and 75 Meters

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP and 75 Meters
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 9:28:54 -0500

      I was always under the impression that 3.799 was the DX calling frequency
on 75 meters.
  To tell you the truth I hear people ragchewing between 3790 and the DX
calling frequency
  all the time. Now that we are in the bottom of the sunspot cycle 75 meters is
going to become
  more crowded, as it was for NAQP on Saturday night. I like to usually like to
avoid the higher end
  of the band to stay away from the pig farmers and those "we have been on this
frequency  with our
  net for the last 35 years " types who like to harass you just because you are
a contester.

   It was hard for me not to jump on 3794 when it was clear. The band was
crowded .I had a good rate
  going until this KB5 and his DX (?) buddies showed up and started to
intentionally QRM me.

   Jeff , KU8E