Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW Support by ARRL Officials & Officers

To: "'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW Support by ARRL Officials & Officers
From: "Bob Naumann - W5OV" <W5OV@W5OV.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:09:58 -0600
Ward, this is one of those many times we are in total agreement.
(Surprising? - No.)

However, Terry (AB5K) has made a valid observation that is sadly nothing
new.  It is quite apparent that the ARRL is, and has been, out of touch with
the membership (and ham radio) for a long time.

Is LOTW use a good measure of that on an individual basis?  I think not.
Rather, I think the whole LOTW thing is a symptom of the problem.

It's been quite apparent that the League has been focused on a perceived
future of ham radio that doesn't include much of what I know ham radio is
(was?) really all about.  I don't think I need to chronicle the evidence
here.

73,

Bob W5OV
ARRL Life Member