Re: [CQ-Contest] carpal tunnel

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] carpal tunnel
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:45:42 -0000
A couple years ago I finally gave in and had surgery on one wrist, before
the stitches were out I was out xc skiing and feeling better then before...
typing never bothered me, but I have always been careful to have proper
keyboard positioning.  I blame mine on chainsaws, even now I can only do one
tank of gas on a chainsaw before the other hand starts to feel it, 2 days of
that and it takes the rest of the week for it to recover... no more wood
heat here so its been much better and as long as it stays this way I'll put
off surgery on it.  But I do blame my lack of skill on paddles on it, when I
was learning contesting and working on 20wpm test I had lots of trouble with
carpal tunnels on both wrists so learned to send mostly with keyboard.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net