Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Categories

To: <ku8e@bellsouth.net> <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Categories
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:51:57 -0500
On Jan 16, 2006, at 10:21 PM, <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
<ku8e@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>   Personally, I would like to see NAQP have a high , low and QRP
> category. It would then have something for everyones taste.

NO! Absolutely not! Allowing High power in the NAQP would ruin, spoil
and destroy its character.

NAQP is a low power contest. The rules clearly state that you cannot
run an external amplifier, and your rig must be limited to 100 watts.
This puts everyone on a near-equal footing.

If someone wants to run high power in NAQP for the fun of it, I have
no problem with that -- just be sure to submit in the correct
category in Cabrillo:

CATEGORY: CHECKLOG

Running high power in the NAQP means your score doesn't count. Period.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901