Re: [CQ-Contest] Sprint and SS in WRTC Rating System

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sprint and SS in WRTC Rating System
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:13:04 EST
In a message dated 2/2/2006 7:52:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hwardsil@centurytel.net writes:

I'm sure it would be better to have a permanent Rating Point system in place
so that we can plan our participation and continually update our rankings.
Perhaps the WRTC2006 system is a step towards that permanent system. <<

Simple! As I suggested before.

Have regional (continental) qualifying runs under the same rules. Top 10 or
whatever will go to the big one - the WRTC. (Tesla Cup would be better contest
to use, more fair rules.)

Go even further, specify weight of the equipment and antennas and let the
contesters use their real abilities to DESIGN and OPERATE THEIR stations.
This will eliminate garbage about who is the best according to this or that.
The only fair way!
You know the rules and limitations, you wanna participate, go and show that
you are worthy by outdoing others.

Ooops, I forgot, we are dealing with ham radio and sanity rules do not always
apply. :-)

Yuri, ex OK3BU
Master of Sport