Re: [CQ-Contest] Not QSLing Sprint QSOs - Is this OK?

To: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Not QSLing Sprint QSOs - Is this OK?
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:58:55 -0600
At 11:13 AM 2/9/2006 -0600, K4RO Kirk Pickering wrote:
>I've noticed some Sprint operators repeatedly do not
>QSL a completed Sprint QSO. Some of those operating
>in this fashion are in the top ten, and my guess is
>that they are off making a QSO on the second radio
>after they got my number OK. Is this considered proper
>technique among the top tier two radio Sprint operators?

No!  One must QSL every QSO with a "dit" or "R" or "TU" or something.  Only
one signal may be transmitted at a time.  Operators who do not QSL are not
completing their QSO.  There are occasions when they might be completing
their 2nd radio CQ on another band, but they must curtail that and  switch
back and QSL your QSO of you have every right to delete the QSO.  When the
other station is late sending the "R" or "TU," etc, they make it very
difficult as other stations will call you to start another QSO and complete
your "couplet," and so the first station runs the risk of not being heard,
and losing the QSO with you.  Of course, this hurts both operators.  It's a
bad practice to be late with the "QSL," and unethical not to QSL at all.