Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx cw spot report

To: "Ken Claerbout" <K4ZW@adelphia.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx cw spot report
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 05:58:30 -0000
Everyone by now knows I don't use packet during contests. Saturday morning I
had a nice easy comfortable(slow)  run going on 40m. All of the sudden there
was an avalanche of U.S. stations calling me. I have no problem with that
during this contest but I couldn't figure out why all of the sudden and why so
many. The last U.S. station that called was N7WA. He asked me to repeat my NR
and I sent AZ AZ. He never responded but the US pileup disappeared as fast as
it showed up. I suspected a joker and I was right. I looked at the packet:
HSØZDJ had legitimately spotted me. A few minutes later WB6WVB (who doesn't
exist) spotted me as LN7MA. a few minutes later N7WA reposted me with my
correct call.
Every CQ on my run freq I send my call twice. When I QSL, a contact, I send R
TU N7MAL test. Apparently the guys who worked my only relied on packet,,,,,,
wonder what they used for my power..??.. Special thanks to N7WA for correcting
the packet.
73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
http://geocities.com/n7mal/
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia