Re: [CQ-Contest] Good Grief people with nothing better to do!

To: "'Guy Molinari'" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Good Grief people with nothing better to do!
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:48:41 -0500
>     Before I got heavily into contesting I had another just
> as expensive  hobby,,, Golf.  ;-)
>
> Golf is a game steeped in etiquette.   For example, when you
> are on the  putting green, you should never step on another players line
> from their ball  to the hole.

Guy,

You left out the most important rule of honor in golf;
calling a penalty on yourself when you commit an error.

I, like most golfers or contesters, do it for the sheer
pleasure of the game and doing it by the rules is just
part of the routine.  Contesting is no different. In both,
at least for most of us, the primary contest is with
yourself and as the bard once said, "To your own self be true."

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"