[CQ-Contest] KVM Switch

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] KVM Switch
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:47:46 EST
I was wondering if anyone had experience using a KVM (Keyboard, Video,
Mouse) switch with their ham computer.  I have a small home office  associated
with
my shack, and it would be advantageous from a space standpoint  to
consolidate all my computer resources via one keyboard, monitor and  mouse.

These switches allow you to hook up a keyboard, mouse and monitor to the  box
and then switch between up to four computers.  This really is  appealing, as
I have two desktops and two laptops in the shack.

I'm concerned about RFI in both directions.  Has anyone used these and  had
any good or bad experiences?  I have a very nice KDS monitor that seems  to be
fairly quiet from an RF standpoint and I'd like to use the same keyboard  for
all my applications, as it will help with logging accuracy.

I appreciate any inputs.  I am looking for these at a site call
Buyexytras.com, which I've found to be a good source of low-cost PC
peripherals.  (No,
I'm not associated with them in any way.)

Paul, K5AF