Re: [CQ-Contest] 2006 SSB WPX

To: <k1ttt@arrl.net>, "'cq-contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2006 SSB WPX
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:34:42 -0500
Personally, I think the callsign borrowing thing is much ado about nothing.

To quote Charlie Sheen in Ferris Bueller's Day Off: "You could ditch."

If there's nothing stopping Ham A from doing it, there's nothing stopping
you from doing it either. Just like there's nothing stopping me from
applying for (and paying $60 for) a vanity, temporary use callsign such as
VC4C or XM4M. If I choose not to do that, I can't rightly then complain
about the person who does.

One thing I always liked about WPX is that the multipliers are almost
endless. Even WW has finite limits on mults. For every person who puts a
unique px on the air, that's one more mult for you to work. That, at least,
is positive.

73, kelly
ve4xt