Re: [CQ-Contest] UBN call confirmed by LOTW ?!?!?!!?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] UBN call confirmed by LOTW ?!?!?!!?
From: Barry <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:30:11 +0000
I have several -B QSOs in my log that I listened to the audio clip and
it is CLEAR the call I copied was correct as received and the station
cfm'd the report.  (Sh) it happens :.)  I also have at least one bad QSO
in my log where the guy who called me sent his call wrong (twice sent H
instead of S).  One shortcoming of the system is the guy on the other
end has no incentive to correct his call if off by one character,
because as long as it's a B+1, he gets QSO credit, but I get penalized.

Bottom line, it didn't matter as I'm still #1 SOA cuz the score below me
wasn't very close.  Also, it probably happens to everyone equally.  I
still think the 3 Q penalty is a good way to stress the importance of
log accuracy (sri Yuri).
Barry W2UP

WW3S wrote:
> Just got my UBN report for CQWW CW....I had a -B for 8P1A 40m ( if I read it
> correctly 36 other logs claimed him/her also)...lost the mult plus the
> points/penalty. Being curious I checked LOTW and saw my " bad" qso confirmed
> !!!! What happened? Did 8P1A not send a log to CQWW?
>
> 73, Jamie WW3S

Barry Kutner, W2UP
Newtown, PA