Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rig

To: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rig
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:28:04 -0400
On May 31, 2006, at 10:52 PM, Michael Tope wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, I really like the MKV. IMO, it is a lot of
> radio for the
> money, but the filter selection scheme is a bit of a downside
> compared to
> other rigs out there.

Is the fact that you can't on-the-fly mix and match mismatched sets
of IF filters a really crucial issue?

If you have both 250 and 500 Hz filters, what's the advantage of
using a wider one in the first IF, what's the advantage of using a
wider one in the second IF?

One of the issues I have with my K2 is keeping both the crystal
filter and the DSP filters in synch for CW and RTTY. I wish I could
program four filter combinations of each, but instead I have to
manually select them each time.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901