Re: [CQ-Contest] FT1000D interface/rroofing fitler

To: "Van K7VS" <wa7fab@cdsnet.net>,"Mark Steven Williams" <K9GX@N4GN.COM>,"Contest Reflector" <CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT1000D interface/rroofing fitler
From: Jeff Stai <jds@twistedoak.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 22:44:35 -0700
At 04:46 PM 6/4/2006, Van K7VS wrote:
>Well, I purchased one of these after reading the rave reviews and quite
>honestly saw very little improvment on one of FT1000D's.  Did I miss
>something along the way???  I was going to buy another for my other one and
>decided not to as didn't see much if any improvement while a/b'ing the two
>receivers side by side.  Van, K7VS....maybe on some of the other units it
>does make an appreciable improvement.

hi Van - I put roofers into both my 1000Ds. You will not see any improvement
under 'casual' conditions. However, I saw a dramatic improvement under
contest/crowded conditions. The biggest improvement was in pulling weak to
average signals out of the muck. This improvement occurred for all modes -
phone, cw, rtty. On rtty I am especially happy because one of those darn robots
can fire up right next to me and they no longer obliterate the other stations...

- jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/