[CQ-Contest] FT1000D interface/roofing

To: "Contest Reflector" <CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT1000D interface/roofing
From: "Mark Steven Williams" <k9gx@n4gn.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 07:01:39 +0100
A big "thank you" to K4WI, N3UA, WK6I, K4JRB, W4EF and K7VS for the insights
regarding the FT1000 interface. Bob, NX5M suggested the K1NU cable which I
think I'm gonna try. Andy, AE6Y offered some very helpful tips on the radio
firmware; Steve, K0SR sent a schematic for a level converter (which I may still
build) and Jeff's, WK6I, comments on the roofing filter mod confirmed my
suspicions.

I used the radio "as is" (without the roofing mod) during the WPX CW. Actually
I spent most of the time just listening to get a feel for the radio's
performance under contest conditions. Bear in mind that I operated SSB
Sweepstakes and January NAQP Phone with a "stock" Icom 746. Feel like I've just
been exorcised from Intermod hell! Effective immediately the 746 becomes the 6m
Es/VHF contest radio.

Anyway, thanks guys for the great info! It will be put to good use.

CU on the radio!

73, Mark, K9GX