Re: [CQ-Contest] June VHF contest and six meter antennas

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] June VHF contest and six meter antennas
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 02:24:09 -0700
Jim, please tell us a little more.

Our club has had to scale back our Field Day efforts due to lack of
bodies.  So we're going to start setup on Sat instead of Fri.  One of
many casualties flowing from this decision is the old Hy-Gain 6m/2m yagi
we used to put up about 30 ft.

With 6m going nuts as it has in the last couple of days, I'd like to
have a cheap, simple to deploy 6m antenna in my back pocket to pull out
in case it happens again on FD.  While any ham worth his salt should be
able to figure out how to make this from your description, I'm already
doing so many FD tasks that I just don't have the time.  Can you oblige
me with a few details?

73, Jim VE7FO