[CQ-Contest] DSP Question

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] DSP Question
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:04:49 -0500
Hi guys:

Monday I should have my new IC-775 delivered. I did not say IC=775DSP because
it isn't, it is the original IC-775 version ser#
01042. No MODS No Filters (I am getting those along the way as I can).

I am considering looking for and buying the UI-100 DSP module for it and
thereby making it a IC-775DSP.

My question (as I read the latest handbook which covers the topic of DSP) is
BASED ON EXPERIENCE (not theory) in real life
Dxing/contesting noise reduction:

Would you say IF DSP (the module) would be appreciably better and worth the
hunt?

Or would I do just as well getting a SP-20 speaker and a DSP-99 external audio
DSP unit?

  73 fer nw,
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)
Visit My Ham Blog
http://www.ad5vj.com/

10X# 37210, SMIRK#-5177, RARS #-149
Code may be taking a back seat for now,
but the pioneering spirit that put the code
there in the first place is out front of it all.