[CQ-Contest] Contest Radios

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Radios
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 18:31:10 -0500
Something is starting to concern me that maybe you more experienced guys can
help me on.

I have been asking around lately about the FT-1000 and FT-1000D radios, because
I noticed a reduction in prices on what is being
offered on QTH.com and other places. So they are getting closer to where I can
be.

Many of the guys who have responded to my questions about the radios have been
saying that the reason is that the FT-1000 and
FT-1000D radios are getting so old that "like anything else" you can start to
expect them to start going bad.

They are also saying that parts are getting *very* expensive and sometimes
impossible to find.

Is this the general opinion or is this still a worthy radio to have for
contesting?

If not what is?! Many say that none of the IC756PRO series is responsive enough
because of its DSP and lack of crystal filtering.

So what's left???
That is below $10,000 of course.

  73 fer nw,
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)