Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Scoreboards

To: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Scoreboards
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 06:36:36 -0700
Hi Eric,

At 06:06 PM 7/9/2006, you wrote:
>Until we get to the point of having fully "Realtime" Contest Scoreboards,
>something like the above WRTC (URL) would be very cool.

As I think you know, we've been working on contest score boards for almost
the past year. The method employed for the WRTC scoreboard worked because
there were referees who periodically entered the score of each competitor.
Although this method has been made available for some past major contests,
the experience is that very few contesters are willing to take the time to
manually enter their scores in a scoreboarding system. For that reason
we've been working on methods that are based on the contester's logging
software periodically posting his/her score.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)