Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Scoreboards ???

To: "Don Field" <don.field@gmail.com>, <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Scoreboards ???
From: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:12:16 -0700
It is true that in every other sport I can think of, participants know how
the competition is doing.

On the other hand, our form of competition is the only one I can think of
that requires you to raise your competitors' score in order to raise your
own.

I agree that a contest scoreboard could be fun in a club competition, with a
particular rival or if you are a casual entrant, but if you are looking for
a spot in the top ten box it just doesn't make sense to me for all the
reasons in Yuri's post (which was focused on competing for a top spot.)

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT