[CQ-Contest] WRTC Final Score

To: "Contest Reflector" <CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Final Score
From: "Mark Steven Williams" <k9gx@n4gn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 05:55:43 +0100
I was just looking over the WRTC results and it struck me what excellent
"performers" the members of the 46 teams truly are.
It's incredible to realize that even the 46th place team made over 4,000 QSOs
in 24 hours! What I find is even more amazing is the astoundingly low error
rates. PW5I (ZS4TC/N2IC) finished with an astonishing 1.3% error rate. That's
70 or so busted calls or exchanges in 7,000 QSOs while sitting at the rig for
24 hours!

If you haven't yet done so, I urge you to find a copy of the final results
spread sheet. Just analysing the various band/mult totals is a fascinating
study. Download it, print it out and study it carefully.

Scan the "errors" column. Wow! I wonder if there was a "lowest UBN" award?
There should be.

While it's a bit trite, I must say "congratulations" to the 92 World Class
operators, the referees who had to endure the IARU without making a single Q
and PY5EG and his excellent crew for what must have been an amazing event.

If I ever have the misfortune to be in an emergency situation where amateur
radio is the lifeline I hope there's a contester on the other end handling the
traffic. Contesters are truly the elite among the amateur radio service.

73 and thanks for the bandwidth,

Mark, K9GX