Re: [CQ-Contest] Uniques in WRTC

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Uniques in WRTC
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 15 Jul 2006 14:47:13 -0500
As an only vaguely relevant data point...

I made about 2/3 of the 40 CW contacts at W1AW/4.

Late Saturday night, a HQ station in a small country called.  We
exchanged the normal data and signed.

Immediately afterwards, another "regular" station in the same country
called.  He was on *exactly* the same frequency, *exactly* equal in
signal strength, had *exactly* the same code speed, and *exactly* the
same fist.  We exchanged the normal information and signed.

Of course, I *strongly* suspect both QSOs were with the same station &
operator.  But I don't know anybody in this country - I'm quite certain
this "extra" QSO was not arranged by anybody on the W1AW/4 team.  It
happened solely on the initiative of the DX operator.

Now, this didn't affect the scores really at all...  besides the HQ
station, we only worked three other stations in this country...  and as
an interesting aside, we worked the HQ station on two other bands but 40
CW was the only band where we worked the "regular* station in question.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66