[CQ-Contest] MFJ 434 WOES

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] MFJ 434 WOES
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:20:22 EDT
Hmmm...I just changed my 434 jumpers from Yaesu to ICOM, now the dang thing
won't key the rig. Checked all jumpers, including the mic voltage jumpers.
After  playing with the thing, the manual says not to touch the HD1 jumpers,
they
are  factory set to 7 & 8. Newsflash, mine were set on 1 & 2, and worked fine
 with the Yaesu. Now it will key the ICOM, but won't release the vox.  If I
change them to 7/8, there is very weak audio, and no keying of the rig.

Any ideas?

73-Chuck KI9A