Re: [CQ-Contest] My thoughts about IARU and HQ stations

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] My thoughts about IARU and HQ stations
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@5b4agn.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 05:01:12 -0000
This is good stuff, Tree.  I share your views.

Additionally,

IARU and our National Societies should be at pains to promote ethical
contesting and to discourage 'win any way' tactics.  This is fundamental to
the development of contesting as a creditworthy pursuit.  A good start would
define a very clear line between activities which encourage participation
and those focused upon pre-contest solicitation of contacts.  The former is
laudable whilst the latter a despicable act of discredit to contesting.

Bob, 5B4AGN