Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU controversy

To: "Hershel Kreis" <hkreis@james-city.va.us>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU controversy
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 10:52:47 +0600
The thing is that HQ stations seriously compete at least here in EU. By
limiting them the way you have described you take away the incentive to work
own country. From the competition point of view working own country beyond
100 QSO will be waist of time and  destruction from working 5 pointers. That
will make HQ stations ask their own country participants not to call them
and therefore will limit overall activity. Therefore I do not see it as a
well thought solution. Just do not forget that normal stations do not
compete with HQ.

73, Igor UA9CDC