[CQ-Contest] [NCCC] Thursday Night Madness - Modified NS rules!

To: nccc@contesting.com, CQ-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] Thursday Night Madness - Modified NS rules!
From: Ken Keeler <kenkeeler@jazznut.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:10:39 -0700
NCCC THURSDAY  NIGHT MADNESS continues this week,
July 27, local date in North America;   July 28 Z time

   --30 mins   0230-03Z  (all NCCC practice sessions will be the same LOCAL
START time, year round, UFN)
-- Start 0230Z (1930 PDT, 2030 MDT, 2130 CDT 2230 EDT)

Now that the ladder competition is over, we will be changing the
rules/format, usually from week to week. This is so that we can have
practice sessions the week of NAQP, Sprint, etc., using the rules of those
respective contests.  On other weeks we'll use a format similar to the NS
ladder rules, with some modifications (see below).  The B2B QSO rule and
20/40m are an attempt to enable higher rates by ignoring the unproductive
80/160m bands during the summer, and allowing those rare back-to-back QSOs
on different bands with the same station..  We'll add the low bands back to
NS in the fall, when seasonal condx dictate.  We also may try longer time
periods and possibly change the exchange (how about sending your original
callsign instead of name! - suggested by someone on CQ-Contest
recently.)  So check this announcement weekly to see what the format is.

This Thursday, July 27:
-- CW only, 100 watts, dupes allowed after 1 intervening Q on the same
band, 1 KHz QSY.
Back-to-back QSOs with same station on different bands are OK.
BANDS:  20 & 40m ONLY: -- 14040, 7040  +/-5

The proposed Thursday (sometimes Friday also) schedule through October will
be posted soon on the NS web page.
Further info at: http://www.ncccsprint.com/

-- Consider using slower speeds when CQing in the first 15 minutes.

-- Report scores near 3830 LSB after the practice,  at 0300Z (8 PM PDT) on
the weekly NCCC contest net).  Real-time score collecting, bragging,
excuses, antenna checks,
advice... score reporting on 3830 reflector may be available later.  Bruce
may need a break!

Next week, Aug 3, will be a warmup for the North American QSO Party CW,
using the rules at http://www.ncjweb.com

KB,  N6RO