Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating by M/S - 3 QSO "penalty"

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating by M/S - 3 QSO "penalty"
From: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 01:37:24 -0000
Yuri, we grow tired of your constant harping on this topic.

20+ years ago I recall you had a score reduction in an ARRL DX Contest due
to mistakes in the log.  You made the argument that missing just a dot or
dash in a power should not be enough to lose the whole QSO.  (Or something
like that.)

The example you provide below is equally silly.  If you are not in the other
guy's log, then you didn't make the QSO.  You may have thought you did, but
you didn't.  That's why they check the logs.

No one is suggesting that a blown QSO is cheating (or that the penalty has
anything to do with punishing cheating).  The contest sponsor has the option
to provide extra emphasis on participants getting things right.

Log checking in all of the major contests today is the most accurate and
comprehensive it has ever been.  Congratulations and thanks to all the log
checkers and contest sponsors.

Randy, K5ZD