[CQ-Contest] Contesting and Catagories

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting and Catagories
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 08:18:57 -0700

While I was making the last post about SO2R and information I was
reminded of my early years in radio contesting.

Some of my favorite contests did not have a QRP or even low power
category.  We were all lumped in with the high power guys and their
big antennas.  But I do not recall begin bothered by this - my goal
was to make a bigger score than any of stations were making.

And I had a great time doing it.

If you tell yourself that you can not do well unless you have two
radios or bigger antennas or the latest super radio than the chances
are that you will not do well in the next contest and you might not
enjoy the time you do spend on the air.

If on the other hand you get on and try to produce the best result you
can in the contest than I think you will do better and might even have
fun during while you are doing it.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net