Re: [CQ-Contest] Not in LOG

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Not in LOG
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 09:32:49 -0400
While I'm sure practices vary, we have heard in this forum from authoritative
participants in the log-checking process of major contests, indicating that
human judgment is generally applied to every deletion or penalty.  If XX1XX
says "I lost 25 QSOS on the first day due to a computer glitch," it is
difficult indeed to imagine any contest sponsor assessing a NIL on anyone who
claimed a QSO with XX1XX during the period of doubt.

73, Pete N4ZR