[CQ-Contest] Sending Speed

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sending Speed
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:15:31 -0700
In the recent CW Sprint, I am losing two QSOs (with additional two QSOs worth
of penalties) because I didn't QRS enough (or at all).  The station I was
working asked for a repeat - but I didn't hear it with the pileup that often
occurs when taking over a frequency in the CW Sprint.

There are guys who don't send as fast as the rest of us who can copy the
higher speeds just fine, and then there are those who can't.  Sometimes,
you "guess wrong" on which.  There are many clues - including the familarity
(or shortness) of the callsign that probably help the operator decide which
case it is.

And sometimes you guess wrong and end up losing four QSOs.

Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net