Re: [CQ-Contest] Sending Speed

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sending Speed
From: <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:09:52 -0500
One thing that I noticed from the last sprint was that more stations
seemed to be waiting for a confirmation from the departing op before
pouncing on the one taking over the frequency.

That saved me on a couple of Qs. I don't know if it was deliberate or just
the timing of it, but it did seem that on many Qs, the pileup didn't begin
until AFTER I sent  a dit-dit or a di-dah-dit.

If it was deliberate, it's good practice for a sprint.

73, kelly
ve4xt

> From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
> Date: 2006/09/14 Thu PM 01:15:31 CDT
> To: cq-contest@contesting.com
> Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sending Speed
>

> In the recent CW Sprint, I am losing two QSOs (with additional two
QSOs worth
> of penalties) because I didn't QRS enough (or at all).  The station I was
> working asked for a repeat - but I didn't hear it with the pileup that often
> occurs when taking over a frequency in the CW Sprint.
>
> There are guys who don't send as fast as the rest of us who can copy
the
> higher speeds just fine, and then there are those who can't.
Sometimes,