Re: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics
From: "Yuri VE3DZ" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:21:09 -0400
Well, Steve, I guess you have to live with that. Not everybody in the World
knows (and cares) about right abbreviation of the States.
That's why Mike-November is much better (same with Sierra-Juliet-Victor for
SJV).
What if someone in Rus DX Contest would tell you -"5x9, Chelyabinsk"?  What
would you LOG? :-))

And for someone who earlier had trouble spelling "E" - I can tell that
"Echo" works fine for me.

regards,
Yuri  VE3DZ

> What I hate is when you simply say "Minnesota" and the guy on the other
ends says "OK, Minnesota, MI, right?". No, not right, it's MN. MI is a
different place. Now I've added at least one more go-around with this QSO
that's completely unnecessary and a huge waste of time. I've resolved to say
"Mike November" and be done with it.