Re: [CQ-Contest] DREAMING

To: Jim Neiger <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>, Jimk8mr@aol.com,CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DREAMING
From: Andrei Nevis <v49a@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:13:05 -0700 (PDT)
I would gor for a Grid Square points and no multipliers, something like in RTTY
MAKROTHEN Contest. More distant QSO - more points you get, something like that,
Jim.
  Anyway, so many people so many opinions.
  See you from HQ3R in the Contest, Jim and all.
  73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

Jim Neiger <n6tj@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Following N4ZR's admonition, I'll re-label this notion as DREAMING.

A scoring system for CQ WW DX contests that I think could really work is
idealistically simple:

QSO's in YOUR country 1 point

QSO's EVERYWHERE else 3 points

Encourages activity: (this would be good)

Removes flagrant biases tied to continental boundaries

No longer penalizes Asians who must work someone thousands of kilometers
distant for one point (maybe encourages our JA friends to participate again?)

Eliminates unfair advantages that Zone 33, 35, 36, 09, 10 have today

Maybe encourages more expeditions to rarely-on Caribbean and Central American
countries?

Dreaming.

Meanwhile, I'll look for you all from Hawaii KH7Q
(or is that KH7 Qure??) on 20 meters next weekend.
Sometimes there's maybe more about contests than points? I'll contemplate that
while making the drive along Oahu's beautiful north shore.

Vy 73

Jim Neiger N6TJ