Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

To: Igor Sokolov <ua9cdc@r66.ru>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards
From: Hans K0HB <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:07:58 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

>Hans, but operator's computer whose software was developed by many people
>gives operator propagation predictions, keeps track of dupes and mults,
>transmits CW and voice messages, calculates rate  and grey line and tells
>the operator "...it is time to change the band..." Is it not indirect
>assistace for a SO purist?

Hi Igor,

Maybe I'm not "pure" enough, but software is to me basically a "housekeeping"
tool.  It frees you from the mundane details of logging and sorting and duping,
and frees the operator to use their "radioman" skills.  Your operator skills
and experience are what decide the best strategies, the best band to be on,
whether to run or S&P, when/where to track down the mults, and finally capture
the Q for your log.  The computer doesn't assist you in doing that --- it just
keeps track of it for you.

73, de Hans, K0HB