Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers
From: Mike Tessmer <mtessmer@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 10:48:58 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
>...teach these bozo's a lesson and NIL them all so they do not get credit????

I kind of cringe when these ops are referred to as "Bozo."  These are the same
ops we all want in our log in Sweepstakes, NAQP, WPX, etc.  Most likely a large
number of these guys are just trying to help out, though not really up on the
rules and point stucture, and they probably aren't sending in a log so whether
they are NILed or not is meaningless.  They're the same ones we want to call in
other contests when we say "anyone, anywhere....."

Unless you can prove that, at the exact time they call you, a DX QSO has been
lost, their calling you has ZERO impact on your score.  (And it helps to keep
your frequency busy!)

73, Mike K9NW