Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers

To: ku8e@bellsouth.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 17:11:02 EST
In a message dated 11/1/2006 4:54:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ku8e@bellsouth.net writes:

I  remember years ago my good friend K8MR protested the ZERO QSO point rule
in
CQ WPX contest ( a few times) by working only the USA and  submitting a score
of ZERO.
I'm not sure what his high QSO count was  - maybe 300 QSO's ??  Anyway zero
QSO points
times whatever  multiplier adds up to a score of ZERO.

I've never been a big prefix fan, so my zero score efforts in WPX were not
exactly a protest, but rather just a way of poking fun at a stupid  rule.

Off the top of my head, my biggest zero point effort was about 200 qsos and
maybe 150 mults, for a score of zero.

AFIK the record for the biggest zero point score in WPX, a record that  will
never be broken, is held by the esteemed dr. Bafoofnik, W9XR.  I think  he
once did about 300 qsos to get his score of zero.

A few years later CQ changed the rule allowing USA-USA  QSO's for 1 point.

Jim ... Maybe it's time for a CQWW effort ????

Well, it's too late for this years SSB contest, and I expect to be at  K8AZ
for CW, where I don't think my host would be real keen about me only  working
W's  :>)

73  -  Jim  K8MR